Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll my child at St. Mark Lutheran School?
- Contact Principal Kyle Swogger at (402) 904-7340 or email email@example.com
- Complete an Enrollment Application – One can be sent to you, or you can download and print it here.
- Receive approval from St. Mark Board of Education after the application is reviewed.
What are the school day hours?
Classes begin at 8:30 AM and run through 3:30 PM.
Are there any before or after school care options available?
Our before school care starts as early as 7:00am and our after school care run s from 3:30 to 6:00pm for students enrolled at St. Mark Lutheran School. Please contact Kyle Swogger for more information.
How do I get my child to and from school?
If you are in need of transportation to and from school, please speak with Kyle Swogger. He can assist in making arrangements for carpools.
Does St. Mark participate in any sports?
There are several other small Wisconsin Synod Lutheran Churches in the area with whom we do play some organized sports. In the fall we play volleyballl, during winter we play basketball, and in the spring we participate in track. All of our teams are co-ed and we stress the fellowship, having fun, and “everyone participates” aspects of organized sports.
What can St. Mark Lutheran School offer my child in the area of technology?
The area of technology is one area that is considered a great strength at St. Mark’s Lutheran School.
- Students at St. Mark have access to a number of computers; including Chromebooks that are 1:1 in grades 3 through 8 and a rotating cart for the younger grades. We also have several tablets and desktop computers for research or online work.
- The entire church and school are networked together.
- Students must log on to the network and their activities can be tracked.
- A wireless high-speed internet connection gives us internet access.
- The school has five digital cameras which are used by the students for presentations and other assignments.
- Interactive Smart Boards allow the teachers and students to interact with content from a computer displayed on the whiteboards.
- The teachers are continually being trained in the latest aspects of using technology in the classroom.
Do students take standardized tests?
St. Mark participates in the MAP testing program. The 1st-8th graders take the tests three times throughout the school year.